Guy meets Lady, falls in love and live happily ever after is hardly anywhere to be found in our present day relationships. So I was wondering, maybe arranged marriage is the answer. Aren’t relationships these days even arranged? Your friend says there’s this guy she thinks you might like so she gives the guy your number and you get talking with the intention that you might like him and something might work out. The search increases when a female is getting close to the age of thirty and when a man is in his early thirties with the financial capability to handle a family, their relations and friends become automatic matchmakers. Some of us grew up with our potential life partners but we grew up with them thinking they were our cousins (lies parents tell) so we treat them as such. Arranged marriage might be the answer because;
- Thorough investigations are made before choosing someone they think is suitable for you
- You won’t be blinded by love to the extent of not been able to see your partner’s bad sides
- Risk of incompatibility is diminished
- Idea of divorcing is diminished (too many intermediaries to act as mediators when necessary)
- Your matchmaker might just be more experienced and know what’s right for you even when you don’t strongly feel so
It is not without its own challenges, some of which are;
- Love takes second priority since they weren’t together as a result of love in the first place.
- Interference from extended family or friends who brought about the introduction.
- Inability to make up one’s mind (you’re not sure if he or she is right for you most times)
P.S; Arranged marriage isn’t forced marriage, in forced marriage, you don’t have a choice. Just the way the name implies, its marriage by force but you always have a choice whether or not to go for arranged marriages.