No matter how tolerant or open minded a person, there’s always something they can’t live with. Even in some relationships, some people don’t mind trying to make things work against all odds but when some partners aren’t exhibiting the kind of change they expect to see, it might be a strong reason for them to make a U-turn. Below are some common relationship deal breakers and how to correct them;
- A lady that will never call or text them. Guys don’t like when ladies can’t take the initiative to call or text them especially when they can afford to. If it’s a guy that calls and texts a lot, you should do same if you truly care because to whom much is given, much is expected.
- A lady that doesn’t know how to cook. Cooking might be stressful but a lady that can cook is a turn on. Even if you choose not to cook, knowing you can cook is enough. No guy wants to be the assume the cooking position in the home if it gets that serious, he doesn’t want to always eat out either.
- An unkempt lady. How about shaving your underarms and pubic hair, let them experience what they call ‘fresh air’. Wear clean clothes and undies, smell good (get a perfume or deodorant you can afford), comb your hair properly, and apply some cream especially if you have a dry skin. Even if you won’t use any makeup, doing those little things is enough for you to appear neat.
- Don’t sleep too much. Sleeping much won’t be a problem if you’ve done every necessary thing or you just had a stressful week. Imagine after sleeping all night, he leaves you by 7am and comes back by 1pm to meet you still sleeping when the house is still as disorganised as he left it. If it becomes a norm for you, he might have to say goodbye one of these days.
- Don’t be needy. We all have needs but some females believe dating you automatically means you should do everything. Stop it right there! Nobody likes a needy person.
- Don’t overdo things. Drinking and smoking may seem cool to your boyfriend but when you’re already on the 15th bottle and you’re still in your normal state, that’s just another level of high. Don’t do stuffs like that in public.
- Unnecessary PDA. Don’t go out there with the dude and start acting all sticky, have fun and let him do same. Keep an eye to make sure no ‘bae’ is taking your place but don’t make it obvious.
- Don’t curse. We all have different methods of telling our partners how we feel about their wrong. No matter how you choose to, don’t curse him, his friends, or his family, leave them out of it.
- Don’t look like a tout. You don’t have to be ‘fashionista’ to know that sagged crazy jeans and a singlet-like top isn’t the best look you can have as a guy. Look as simple as possible, complicated isn’t necessarily cute.
- Don’t be bossy. Yes, we know you’re the man but that doesn’t mean we have to kneel till you’re done eating or be your maid. Don’t order your woman around; it’s a companionship not an apprenticeship.
- Don’t be lousy. Your voice is baritone isn’t an excuse to speak as loudly as a loud speaker. Raise your voice when necessary not talking loud enough to be heard five houses away all the time.
- Don’t be stingy. The fact that she earns money as much as you or maybe even more doesn’t give you a reason to stop giving her little once in a while. It doesn’t have to be cash but a gift will help sometimes. Demonstrate your manhood properly.
- Smell good, this includes your mouth. There’s nothing sexier than a man whose mouth smells fresh and has good body odor. A good body and mouth spray will do the trick. If you can’t use a mouth spray, you can chew a mentholated gum when you find your mouth smelling awkward and you need temporary fresh breath.
- Don’t hit her. This is my personal deal breaker. I can’t deal with a guy who can’t control his temper. Vent but don’t use your hand.
- Create time for her. You find time to go drink with your friends, play football with your friends, attend family parties but you can’t find time to have lunch with bae? So when she leaves, you’ll be begging to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with her, naaa, do it right the first time.
- Save money. Being able to save money is an attractive trait more than you can imagine. A guy that spends his money as it comes is most likely not considerable for a long term relationship especially when he earns enough to save part. Save some money today.